what are the possible ways to allocate specific resources to the users?

kerimdk

Oct 7, 2022
Hello!
I'm looking for guidance on how to efficiently manage and allocate resources for different users within our Proxmox environment.

What are the possible solutions within Proxmox to allocate specific storage, CPU, and RAM resources to individual users, with the goal of limiting their resource usage to prevent over consumption?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Kerim

Thank you for sharing the link, It appears that this feature has been a topic of interest and discussion among Proxmox users and developers for some time.. it seems that it has not been fully implemented or integrated into Proxmox as of the last comment in the discussion, If there are any developments or workarounds that emerge in the future, I'll make sure to share it here. :)

Reactions: Neobin
I would have been glad if I could have given you more information than only the link to the still open feature request; but I unfortunately do not know if there are already existing workarounds and/or third-party (management-)tools for this, sorry.

Reactions: kerimdk

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!