Web interface for cluster not working

rsauvat

Mar 9, 2010
Hi

I have been using Proxmox in cluster configuration for 3 month without problem with 2 nodes (1 master , 1 slave). The master was version 1.4 and the slave 1.5. It worked well I was able to manage all my containers with the virtual interface from the master. Now I have a third Proxmox to add to the cloud and it broke everything.

When I delete the configuration file "/etc/pve/cluster.cfg" and stop all demons ("pvetunnel", "pvemirror") I can see in the web interface my virtual machines but I do pveca -c on the master the command executes successfully but the I can't see the informations on the virtual machines and I get this error "Unable to get data for Cluster Node 0".

And in the apache's log
Code:
proxwww[30251]: Can't use string ("") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/HTMLUtils.pm line 389.

I tried to make the second proxmox a master and I have the same error.
And if I add a node to the master the web interface is still not working but the command pveca -l show me both nodes and the cluster seams to work.

I tried updating to 1.5 but it didn't change anything.
Code:
root@proxmox# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.5-8 (pve-manager/1.5/4674)
running kernel: 2.6.24-8-pve
pve-kernel-2.6.24-8-pve: 2.6.24-16
qemu-server: 1.1-11
pve-firmware: 1.0-3
libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-10
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve8
vzdump: 1.2-5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1dso1

If someone have an idea because I already have 10 production containers running and I need to control them easily. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Just a guess - try to delete /var/lib/pve-manager/vzlist

# rm /var/lib/pve-manager/vzlist

Does that help?

Thanks for the quick replies.

While typing an answer to explain further more the problem I find the solution. The file /etc/pve/cluster.cfg had the rights to 640 for user root. This is due to my umask 0027. I set the file to chmod 644 and it worked. So the cluster was showing correctly when used in command line with pveca -l. But it breaks the web ui because the web server user can't read the file.

Anyway thank you for the help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!