WEB-interface does not have information about nodes and VM/LXC status

SilentStorm

May 6, 2024
Hello!

As you can see on attached screenshot, WEB interface does not have information about nodes and VM/LXC status. VMs and LXC worsk fine, also I can open SSH to proxmox or shell in web-interface.

How can I debug this situation?
Thank You.

Attachments

• 2024-05-06 21.45.24.png
    2024-05-06 21.45.24.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 9
The question marks in the tree panel on the left signify a miscommunication with "pvestatd" daemon which is responsible for statistics.

Drop down to PVE shell and examine:
- available space
- status of pvestad service
- have you done anything unusual?
- have you rebooted?

good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

The question marks in the tree panel on the left signify a miscommunication with "pvestatd" daemon which is responsible for statistics.

- available space
- have you rebooted?

good luck

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox
>available space
I think node has enough free space.

>log information
I dont see any logs.

>status of pvestad service
See screenshot

>have you done anything unusual?
I dont think so

>have you rebooted?
Yes, already rebooted, now it works fine

Attachments

• 2024-05-06 22.41.16.png
    2024-05-06 22.41.16.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: bbgeek17

- available space
- have you rebooted?

good luck

It repeated today, but now question marks only on storage, and I see very high load average on node.
Command "systemctl status pvestatd" send error.
Also I see many messages on local screen (via ip kvm), but cant read (because very low quality - see screenshot).
After reboot, which file contains these messages?

Attachments

• 2024-05-08 08.19.08_.png
    2024-05-08 08.19.08_.png
    922.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2024-05-08 08.28.35.png
    2024-05-08 08.28.35.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 2024-05-08 08.31.03.png
    2024-05-08 08.31.03.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 3
IDW your exact problem or your exact HW/config- but my guess is your running some mini pc (or miniscule) with that midget 9w i3-N305 Processor.

Note that CPU is rated by Intel for a max of 16gb as per their docs, you have 32gb. I see this time & time again of vendors (mostly far-east) speccing out their matchbox PCs against MF own specs. You can surely expect trouble.

I see your running (at once) 4 VM's (including a CCTV one which I guess is pretty intensive) + one database LXC
IDW your passthrough situation - but I imagine it exists.
I think its time to actually purchase a PC.

I will point out one other disturbing note: In your original image your running in Legacy BIOS boot mode - however in the second image (with a kernel update) you've gone over to EFI. If this was unintentional - its probably disturbing.

IDW your exact problem or your exact HW/config- but my guess is your running some mini pc (or miniscule) with that midget 9w i3-N305 Processor.

Note that CPU is rated by Intel for a max of 16gb as per their docs, you have 32gb. I see this time & time again of vendors (mostly far-east) speccing out their matchbox PCs against MF own specs. You can surely expect trouble.

I see your running (at once) 4 VM's (including a CCTV one which I guess is pretty intensive) + one database LXC
IDW your passthrough situation - but I imagine it exists.
I think its time to actually purchase a PC.

I will point out one other disturbing note: In your original image your running in Legacy BIOS boot mode - however in the second image (with a kernel update) you've gone over to EFI. If this was unintentional - its probably disturbing.
Thank you.

I checked RAM (original Kingston, what i bought separate from PC-box) with Memtest and checked SSD (also (original Kingston, what i bought separate from PC-box) with Victoria and CrystalDiskInfo and I dont saw any problems.
CCTV VM runs only for watching, no for recording and in this mode CPU load less than 20%.
PC-box has active cooling, and I changer thermal interface, temperatures are good.

I disassembled PC and erase contact for RAM and SSD.
If problem will repeat, next step I will replace step by step SSD for other model and RAM for 16Gb and will check. I think its good way.

And maybe I need external rsyslog server for collecting logs from PVE?

Last edited:
If its still under warranty - I'd send it back!
What was the Legacy BIOS/EFI issue?

If its still under warranty - I'd send it back!
What was the Legacy BIOS/EFI issue?
>What was the Legacy BIOS/EFI issue?
SSD is Kingston HyperX Predator 480G (old model with cool MLC NAND, its have m.2 pci-e 2.0 x4 interface and AHCI mode, non NVMe). And I checked how it works with "only UEFI" mode and "CSM enable mode" in BIOS, its not issue, its my experiment. I have new SSD with NVMe, but its too hot for this small PC-box.

I dont know how I can check HW fast. Now I can only run VMs and wait for a problem.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!