vzdump with RAM

st6f9n

Feb 15, 2019
Hello,

sorry if this is a FAQ: Is it possible to include the RAM with the vzdump command when backing up VM snapshots ?

Thanks

Stefan

No and you don't backup VM snapshots, you backup the disk and therefore there is no RAM included.
I guess it's a RBD snapshot, in any case it is a disk snapshot:

man vzdump ... --mode <snapshot | stop | suspend> (default = snapshot) ...

Is there another possibility to get the RAM included, without vzdump ?

Last edited:
vzdump snapshot is different from a storage snapshot and cannot created manually, but only by running vzdump.
Sorry, I don't understand this answer.
My question was: Is it possible to include the RAM with the vzdump command when backing up VM snapshots ?

Sorry, I don't understand this answer.
My question was: Is it possible to include the RAM with the vzdump command when backing up VM snapshots ?
No. And again, you aren't backuping snapshots nor will the backup include any snapshots. When creating backups using the "snapshot-mode" a temporary snapshot will be created, and after the backup deleted, which has nothing to do with your normal snapshots.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!