vzdump from master node doesn't work anymore

liane

Renowned Member
Nov 25, 2008
hi,

I have a cluster with a master and one node.
I had to stop a VKM (w7 if that matters) on the node, but then this KVM refused to start.
I then issued a "qm start ..." on the node, and saw it was locked with a backup, I then noted that backups was not done on the node since 2 days (they still worked ok on the master)
I unlocked the VM with "qm unlock ...", and I could start it again.
Looking at processes, I saw that there was 2 vzdump in progress, since 2 days, on a KVM VM.
I killed these 2 vzdump, that seemed to put things back to work.

but...

now, vzdump issued directly on the node work without problem, but automated backups or "vzdump --node 2..." issued from the master doesn't do anything, it just return without starting anything on the node, and I have not been able to find anything in the logs about some error, be it in the master or the node...

I rebooted the node to no avail.

What should I check now?

Code:
# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.9-26 (pve-manager/1.9/6567)
running kernel: 2.6.32-7-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 1.9-55+ovzfix-2
pve-kernel-2.6.32-7-pve: 2.6.32-55+ovzfix-2
qemu-server: 1.1-32
pve-firmware: 1.0-15
libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-19
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.29-3pve1
vzdump: 1.2-16
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.15.0-2
ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-6

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!