VZ Dump "INFO: trying to get global lock - waiting..."

neeko

Jan 31, 2011
Sacramento, CA
neekogeek.com
Hello,

I have been running vzdumps of tow win 2k8 r2 kvm's for several day and now I am having an issue with one of the two completing. I use snapshot mode for both of them. The one continues to run fine nightly but the other does not. When I try to manually set a vzdump backup on the problem kvm this is the output that I get:

Code:
Jan 31 15:18:01 proxmox0 /USR/SBIN/CRON[92211]: (root) CMD (vzdump --quiet --node 1 --snapshot --storage freeNas0 --maxfiles 1 --mailto you@yourdomain.com 102)
Jan 31 15:18:01 proxmox0 vzdump[92211]: INFO: trying to get global lock - waiting...

and then nothing else happens. I am backing up to a NFS on FreeNas on a separate piece of hardware. I tried to disable and re-enable the nfs share via the web GUI and got an error. So I ran :

Code:
proxmox0:~# umount -l /mnt/pve/freeNas0/

Then remount it from the gui and try the backup again with the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Nick

Seems there is another vzdump process running? Search with:

# ps auxww|grep vzdump

Last edited by a moderator:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!