VPS does not come back after reboot - even after 5 minutes :-(

jarcher

Mar 15, 2009
Hi All...

I installed proxmox VE 1.7 from the distribution rom and have made no updates or changes of any type.

I created a debian container using the Debian 6.02 standard template downloaded from proxmox. I then ran aptitude update and aptitude upgrade to bring the container to current Debian.

I then rebooted it by typing "reboot" when logged in a root. The web based control panel showed that it went from running to mounted, and it just stayed mounted forever, or until I use the web based interface to restart it.

I checked the syslog on the cluster node the container resides on. It shows cron launching vpsreboot every 5 minutes, as it should. But the VPS remaines mounted and does not start.

Any suggestions?

Thank you...

Jim

Yes, I think Debian 6 is squeeze. So I guess its a known issue. Hopefully there is a fix :-(

Thanks...

upcoming versions of vzctl and kernel will fix this issue.

i this probleme :(

i install Debian(openVZ)

my acces SSH is ok , i tested one reboot

In proxmox , i this MOUNTED

The debian not reboot corectly

Why this probleme ? (is not possible to reboot this in ssh )

Thanks

Last edited:
known issue with squeeze containers, you need to start via web gui or with vzctl.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!