VNC w/o Using Browser

I am also trying to get proxmox to work in a vnc client. I looked at several threads including that one, but I can't seem to get it to work. What is the easiest way to do this on the debian host itself?

I am also trying to get proxmox to work in a vnc client. I looked at several threads including that one, but I can't seem to get it to work. What is the easiest way to do this on the debian host itself?
Hi,
like it described in the thread posted before: http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/612-External-VNC-viewer?p=2789#post2789

Put a line for each VM in inetd.conf on the host and do an "/etc/init.d/openbsd-inetd restart".
After that connect via vnc to the port (like 9000).
Attention - some clients use the ports above 5900: e.g. you select port 10 and the program use 5910.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!