[SOLVED] VM's doesn't start if NFS ISO share is down

Kimmo H

Feb 19, 2019
Hi,
new with Proxmox, i have NFS shared ISO images which i use to start VM installation but VM's will be in local disks. And also backup share with same server.

i notice that not any of those VM's in local disks will not start if that NFS mount is not available ??? Why ? Is there a way to tell Proxmox that it's just NFS ISO fileshare, not VM images ?

this does not make sense

if you have defined an iso in the config and the iso is not available, the vm cannot start
if you do not need the iso, remove it from the config

I don't understand what mean by "remove from config" ?

I just upload some .iso images to NFS share from where i initially install those virtual servers, see attached image. All was ok, but when that NFS went down (nothing to do with local installation of VM servers) none of VM would start, they ask to have access to that NFS share which just have installation .iso files ???

Attachments

• prox.png
    prox.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 4
in the vm config ( hardware ) the iso is probably selected in the cdrom drive -> this you have to remove:

select the cdrom drive -> edit -> no medium -> ok

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!