VM won't boot

Maxdiken

Mar 23, 2024
Hello,

Just today I had an issue with a VM that crashed so I had to reboot it. Upon reboot, instead of normally booting up, the VM got stuck on that screen:

Capture.PNG

I have tried rebooting multiple times to no avail, same outcome every time. The odd part is that this disk does not currently exist (maybe it has in the past, I am unsure), as shown here:

Capture.PNG

My knowledge being quite limited in this field, I have only checked the usual stuff such as conf files, fstab and mounts but I cannot find /dev/sda3 anywhere.

Thank you.

Hi,
Hello,

Just today I had an issue with a VM that crashed so I had to reboot it. Upon reboot, instead of normally booting up, the VM got stuck on that screen:

View attachment 65161
this is within the VM.
I have tried rebooting multiple times to no avail, same outcome every time. The odd part is that this disk does not currently exist (maybe it has in the past, I am unsure), as shown here:

View attachment 65162
But this looks like the Disks panel in the UI, which is for the host's disks. The VM has a virtual disk that has nothing to do with this one (except you are using pass-through, but even then the name might be different).

Please share the output of pveversion -v and qm config <ID> replacing <ID> with the actual ID of the VM.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!