VM 6 Nic Limit

mmitchell

Apr 26, 2012
When adding network devices to a VM (not CT) after adding device net5 you can not add any more. Upon trying to add a 7th(technically net6) your receive this error:

Parameter verification failed. (400)

net6: property is not defined in schema and the schema does not allow additional properties

After doing a bit of searching everything I found said the default limit for KVM and QEMU were 8 nics.

I also found this article: http://forum.proxmox.com/archive/index.php/t-4799.html that gave a way of changing it to 32 but they were still having issues, and that was for Proxmox 1.x.

I was wondering if there is some way to do this in Proxmox 2.x. I currently need 10 devices on two virtual gateways.

Thanks in advanced.

I would but each interface is a bridge with two physical interface vlans.

For example net0 is vmbr0 with eth0.1 and eth1.1
net1 is vmbr1 with eth0.2 and eth1.2 ...

I cant bridge this traffic and I don't want to require all traffic to go through the gateway.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!