VLAN Configuration Sync Across Proxmox Cluster Nodes

lover

May 2, 2024
Hello everyone!

I'm currently exploring Proxmox and wondering if there's a feature akin to VMware's vSphere Distributed Switch. I've configured my setup on one node, as shown below, and now aim to replicate this configuration across other nodes in my cluster, particularly the VLANS on vmbr1. While I've tinkered with open vSwitch, I'm starting to believe that I might need to utilize SDN. However, I'm encountering difficulties in fully understanding how to use it. Any guidance or suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thank you

1714661963725.png

the only way to do it like vmware distributed vswitch is to use sdn vlan zone, then create 1vnet for each vlan.

The other way is to define tag in vm nic directly.

(you don't need to define ip address for each vlan to get network for your vms, it's only used for host management ips)

Reactions: lover
the only way to do it like vmware distributed vswitch is to use sdn vlan zone, then create 1vnet for each vlan.

The other way is to define tag in vm nic directly.

(you don't need to define ip address for each vlan to get network for your vms, it's only used for host management ips)
Thank you for your reply spirit! I created a VLAN zone and set the bridge to vmbr1 then added a vnet for each vlan tag. So would I still have to touch each node and create the vmbr1 bridge?

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!