Virtio network interface slow to connect (windows)

bhennigar

Mar 20, 2012
Haliafax, NS Canada
I have two VM's (win2008 and win2008r2) using the latest virtio drivers (0.1-52) and the network card is very slow to start. I find that it's usually 2-4 minutes after logging in from the console before the connection is established. Both servers are using static IP's so it's not the DHCP server.

Running proxmox 2.2-32 (Haven't had a chance to upgrade to latest) but this has been an issue in previous versions as well. Older version of the virtio drivers behave the same way. Windows 2k3r2 and linux virtual hosts using virtio network cards connect right away. The physical host is a Dell R410.
I have 3 other R410's at another site with Proxmox 2.2-32 with 2008/2008r2 vm's with the latest virtio drivers and they connect right away.

Any suggests?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!