Video Memory for VMs

I'm more interested in getting Aero to work.

AFAIK aero is history, removed in win8. increasing memory is not enough for running aero, you also need basic 3d support.

Hi. I need to use SPICE qxl for a couple of Centos7 machines, that would need at least 128MB video memory. Is it possible at this time to change this setting ? I've jus tnoticed that the Red-Hat paravirtual driver uses 64MB ram. Can this option increased from pve ui or even os ?
Thank you.

Run here Win10 with FullHD, better than RDP and VNC. Work everyday with. And you have basic 3D. This is also working fine on CentOS/Redhat, XFCE/Gnome. Plasma5 also but without Compositing.

Thank you,
I saw indeed the guest-tools works fine, tested with a Srv2012-r2, and it moves pretty good.
The problem is that I need to provide those Centos7/PlasmaKDE to users with a little bit of rich graphical interface. It works at high resolution, but when I open apps like spreasheet or wordprocessor the graphics become sluggish. I'm sure it's about video alocated ram, but I just cant find a way to increase it more than 64mb. BTW, first I've tried Ubuntu (Unity and Gnome ), but video randering was worst than on Centos/Plasma.
Any ideas ?
Have a nice day !

Yes i know, we are here also since a time on plasma, but on KDE-Neon-LTS (but physical machines). It is working with spice, but disable the Desktop Compositing is important. Than it is working. Similar is Nomachine Freeedit. with Plasma. So I like to use plasma here too ... but it is better if you use Spice, use Gnome or XFCE. They are working pretty good. For XFCE you can also use x2go. This is us way for Terminalservices.

Is Centos KDE version4? Then it is clear, there is a 2D rendering. I've also tested for a Time the real RedHat gnome Desktop on Spice. And the Strange thing that was completly smoothly. Don't know what they build in...

But hopefully a better solution is also coming for 3D Desktops like Plasma and others. When you will lose some/more money you can test nxnomachine Enterprise Edit. They say with this Terminalservices, Plasma is also running fine :) . Test it ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!