vGPU Help Please

MRUSSELL

Mar 28, 2024
I have been using Proxmox on my HPDL580 GEN7 since Proxmox6. I bought an Nvidia P4 GPU just for vGPU after reading of others success with it using proxmox. I had several problems initially with the installation when using proxmox6 and ended up doing a fresh install using proxmox7. Using this guide here I was able to install drivers and after install everything seemed ok. nvidia-smi output was perfect. But when installed on windows machine it always received error code 43. After searching the internet for days I find out that my server suffers from a bug and needs this. I end up downloading one of the premade relaxedrmrr kernels and install it. Viola it works !!! I was so happy!!!!. Time passes I upgrade things break. So my issue is now I need a newer kernel to run windows subsystem for linux in a VM. So I have downloaded a precompiled kernel and installed it but for some reason I still get code 43 !!!. If you have read all that and are still here I thank you. I am not good with words thx in advance :D
I have attached a copy of my dmesg output & journalctl .

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    130.8 KB · Views: 0
  • journelctl.txt
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!