Verify communication on port 1883 (MQTT)

Gooo

Jan 16, 2024
Hello

Can I ask for help identifying a problem with MQTT communication with a virtual PC in Proxmox?

I have a server with OS Debian 12 on which I installed Proxmox and created a virtual machine with HomeAssistant OS in it. Before installation, I created a network bridge that the virtual machine uses.

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
the car started
iface lo inet loopback

# LAN interface
car enp6s0
iface enp6s0 inet static
address 10.152.44.225
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.152.44.1

# Virtual Bridge interface
auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 10.152.44.227
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.152.44.1
bridge_ports enp6s0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

The virtual machine is currently running on IP 10.152.44.151 and I log into its interface and can install add-ons, so the network is apparently working. I am trying to connect a device that sends MQTT to HAOS, but from the console of that device I can see that it is failing to send to the broker at 10.152.44.151:1883.

I created a new installation of HAOS on the Raspberry Pi and set up the broker identically, which accepts MQTT without a problem, so the problem will be in the Debian 12 setup or the virtual machine in Proxmox. I'm trying to find a solution, but I can't find an answer (partly due to the language barrier, because I'm a senior and we only learned Russian thanks to the liberators, so I'm breaking English through transators and so I'm missing something).

Is there some simple way to check if Proxmox is somehow blocking my port 1883 (since apparently my network traffic is working).

Last edited:
please translate your post to English! thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!