Using wackamole inside 2 openVZ containers

timmy

Dec 15, 2010
Hi All,

Loving proxmox so far. Great job.

I have come against a brick wall though and hoping someone can suggest something.

Im using Wackamole to handle floating IPs. So when one machine goes down another brings the ips up.

This works fine on physical machines and even had it working on other VMs on xen.

I just cant get them to come up though in openvz/proxmox

I have 2 veth nics. eth0 is public and eth1 is private - both bridged to corresponding nics on the physical machines.

This is the error log I get when I run wackamole...

Code:
Dec 22 02:52:02 lb1 wackamole[746]: connecting to 4803
Dec 22 02:52:02 lb1 wackamole[746]: 934 No such interface
Dec 22 02:52:12 lb1 wackamole[746]: 892 ioctl error setting IP address
Dec 22 02:52:12 lb1 wackamole[746]: created notification thread for virtual entry
Dec 22 02:52:14 lb1 wackamole[746]: Finished arp spoof notification for virtual entry.
Dec 22 02:52:14 lb1 wackamole[746]: Thread exiting.

Any ideas? solutions? Im pulling my hear out and falling asleep at the same time!

I have got it working as KVM so I guess thats the solution for now.

If anyone knows how to get this to work in openvz please do say though.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!