usb_add does not work after upgrad to V2.3

werner

Renowned Member
Sep 18, 2010
I upgrated my proxmos v2.2 to v2.3 .
after the upgrade the usb_add in monitor does not work anymore.

# info usbhost Bus 9, Addr 2, Port 2, Speed 5000 Mb/s Class 00: USB device 1b8f:0311, EXPRESS ST1 # usb_add host:1b8f:0311 could not add USB device 'host:1b8f:0311'

in version v2.2 it worked normaly.

is ther a way to connct the dongel again

best regards.

Same problem here... add_usb is broken since upgrade to 2.3. Filter in vm.conf works.
As we _again_ have massive problems with one Windows 2008 VM generating >1000 interrupts when using a HASP HL key I'd need to connect/disconnect USB-devices with a running VM. Currently I have to stop/start the VM every time which slows down testing by factor 20...

Same problem here... add_usb is broken since upgrade to 2.3. Filter in vm.conf works.
As we _again_ have massive problems with one Windows 2008 VM generating >1000 interrupts when using a HASP HL key I'd need to connect/disconnect USB-devices with a running VM. Currently I have to stop/start the VM every time which slows down testing by factor 20...

add_usb is a really old qemu syntax and shouldn't be use anymore

new syntax is :

device_add usb-host,hostbus=xxxx,hostport=xxxx

or

device_add usb-host,vendorid=xxxx,productid=xxxxx

Please note that adding the usb in vmconfig file, activate usb2 controller. without usb in config file, only usb1 is enabled

Thanks, the syntax with "hostbus/hostport" works! :)

Also the information about USB 1.1/2.0 was quite useful as i can now bypass the windows vista/2008 usbport.sys bug (high interrupt load) which seems to be only present when using USB2.0 (at least in my case with an HASP dongle)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!