Upload Failed. Error 400: Parameter verification failed.

root@server-01:/var/log# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 2.1-1 (pve-manager/2.1/f9b0f63a)
running kernel: 2.6.32-11-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.0-66
pve-kernel-2.6.32-11-pve: 2.6.32-66
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.3-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.8-3
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.7-2
pve-cluster: 1.0-26
qemu-server: 2.0-39
pve-firmware: 1.0-15
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-27
libpve-access-control: 1.0-21
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-18
vncterm: 1.0-2
vzctl: 3.0.30-2pve5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.12-3
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.0-9
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1
root@server-01:/var/log#

I am using Fifefox 10.0.4 on CentOS 6 to upload vzdump file (3.4 GB), the Proxmox server installed using baremetal iso.

Got the same error here on both Firefox 12.0 and Safari 5.1.7, so I scp'd the file and moved it to /var/lib/vz/template/cache

However, it's not visible in the web interface under local/content, even after logging out and back in. I'm fairly new to Proxmox -- how do I tell the UI to rescan that directory?

--thanks

Update: Decided to chmod the new file to match the attributes of the existing files (600) which did not change anything. More surprisingly, shutting down the node and restarting did not cause the newly scp'd template to become visible in the GUI.

That does not conform with our naming conventions, and we do not support 'xz' compression for templates (only .gz).

Ah - was not aware that OpenVZ templates were not necessarily compatible with Proxmox. Thank you.

Got a pointer to the naming convention so I can try to wrangle this into the correct format? Or is there a Centos 6 template for Proxmox? I did not see one when I looked.

unxz (already installed in the default Proxmox build, BTW) followed by gzip converted the file as expected, and I was able to create a CT just fine:

Creating container private area (/var/lib/vz/template/cache/centos-6-x86_64-20120114.tar.gz)
Performing postcreate actions
CT configuration saved to /etc/pve/openvz/101.conf
Container private area was created
TASK OK

Where does the naming convention come in? Does it actually matter?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!