Upgrade ZFS?

hpmueller

Renowned Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi,

I'm having an ugly problem that the whole rpool timeouts under high disk load (well not that high, unpacking a 1GB zip can be enough), which could be solved in zfsonlinux bug https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/3402

Can i somehow myself upgrade zfs to the newest version? The package names from zfsonlinux differ, can i still just install the latest debian package, or will this end in dead kittens and broken proxmox ;)?

Last edited:
Ok, noone seems to know, or no one's walking ;). I tried upgrading it myself on a testinstallation, not sure if any Kittens got killed, but proxmox sure was dead (grub could not access rpool)... So i guess i'll have to wait for an official update for zfsonlinux from proxmox...

Hi hpmueller
I think if your problem with the rpools time out is reprocible Proxmox developpers might be intersted to look at it.
Could you maybe do a bug report on bugzilla proxmox, listing the steps which bring you to the problem ?
I am myself no ZFS expert, but maybe someone with more zfs skills can look at it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!