Updates for Proxmox VE pvetest repo - including new KVM live backup

Do any of the future development plans include more comprehensive gui support for DRBD and configuration for CT use? I know there are many competing priorities but this would be a nice feature plus or alternative to standard HA. Allowing this to be an option post install and even post creation of any ve's or ct would be way cool. Thanks

yes.

Balloon have problem with Server 2003 x64. When enable it, server can't start. And I found another problem with server 2003 x86. Not properly report the size of memory used, with the difference of + - 100-150 MB

- - - Updated - - -

drivers are installed and the service is running as it written in the description

So, with Qemu 1.4 beeing included in the final 2.3 release, does this mean that live migration will be possible without shared storage? it should be possible using the new Qemu storage migration, i think. Anyhow, thanks for your work, i am really looking forward to 2.3 :)

Hi Tom,
nice info - so perhaps I should wait a little while for an upgrade of an pve1.9 cluster... to get the 2.3 version.

Udo

if you do the upgrade via our script, your boxes will be upgraded against a fixed repo (http://download.proxmox.com/debian/dists/squeeze/pve1upgrade/)

so you need to run the script, then you have to adapt your sources.list and do again a apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade again.

and yes, you can wait for 2.3 - a lot of changes.

The new features are very nice and works fine. Good job.

A little question do we have, do you implement in this version a reinstall option for container, well custs can´t at the moment reinstall her maschine or install a new image.

regards

Hi,

ist it possible to install the Testing-Repo from Debian Wheezy?

Thanks for your response!

no. all 2.x version are based on Squeeze. as soon as Wheezy is stable, we start working on the 3.x series, based on Wheezy.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!