Unable to upload ISO image

N0AGI

Apr 6, 2021
hi Proxmox team, I had seen multiple posts on this subject (or similar) with slight variations with no working solution for my scenario.

Summary (please see screen shot):
1. Proxmox VE 8.0.3 - Test bed server
2. Target storage : Spinning disk 1TB is setup as directory to allow ISO Images
3. File uploading: Win10 ISO file 9.3GB
4. Uploading via PVE web gui, logged in as root account

Situation:
A. When trying to upload the file, the GUI progress bar stays stuck and does not move beyond the 0%.
B. It does never timeout

I have no issues uploading ISO images of similar file sizes via the "upload via url" option.

What do y'all suggest as a fix please.

thanks

Attachments

• pve.1.png
    pve.1.png
    209.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
It's first written to /var/tmp, then to your target ISO storage. Does your root filesystem (or "local") got at least 10GB of free space?

Interesting. The boot disk is a 250G SSD, but, the server does not report any real available space in that drive.

Is there a config setting for proxmox that will let us change the temp file directory location ?

Last edited:
under web gui/pve/local, I see this summary: This shows plenty of space as available.

Not sure if I am missing anything. Still new to Proxmox and learning how the storage is diced and sliced by it.

1689042089521.png

hello everyone - with the above, does it not mean there's sufficient HD space in local ? if so, why does the web gui "upload" from ISO fail ?

Thanks

sorry for brining this old post to life again... I'm having the same issue and wanted to know from the OP if their issue was ever resolved?

you can try to copy the file with scp.
Thanks, i know there are workarounds like scp and download using the url etc, but my issue was that a feature was not working as it should. Turns out it was an issue on my end... I was accessing the proxmox web ui via a cloudflare tunnel, which has an upload limit, causing the stuck iso upload. It works fine when i acces it internally using the ip address.

Thanks, i know there are workarounds like scp and download using the url etc, but my issue was that a feature was not working as it should. Turns out it was an issue on my end... I was accessing the proxmox web ui via a cloudflare tunnel, which has an upload limit, causing the stuck iso upload. It works fine when i acces it internally using the ip address.
Thanks this was exactly my problem

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!