unable to replicate mountpoint type 'bind' (500)

pmickael

Jul 27, 2018
Hi,

I try to search information about this problem into Google or in this forum, but I didn't find any solution, someone already get this problem ?
The problem is I can't replicate a lxc container to an other node because of this mountpoint (which is actually not necessary files "backup", but I get the problem if it was), how I can force this replication process ?

Thanks.

Same problem here. We have read only bindmounts. The targets are on all servers. So CT is runnable. A force would be fine.

we cannot replicate bind mounts, because we do not know whats under there (could be a ext4 filesystem, sshfs, nfs, etc.) but we only can replicate zfs subvolumes and zvols

you can exclude mountpoints from replication though with 'replicate=0' for the mountpoint

Reactions: kofl007
we cannot replicate bind mounts, because we do not know whats under there (could be a ext4 filesystem, sshfs, nfs, etc.) but we only can replicate zfs subvolumes and zvols
you can exclude mountpoints from replication though with 'replicate=0' for the mountpoint
This would be nice, but that didn't work. Or do i something wrong?
Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 8
cpuunits: 999
description: Ubuntu Entwicklungsserver zum Kompilieren%0Aund Paketbau%0A
hostname: ubuntudev.tux.local
memory: 2048
mp0: /v-machines/home,mp=/home,replicate=0
mp1: /v-machines/Downloads,mp=/mnt/Downloads,replicate=0
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,hwaddr=32:34:64:37:32:36,ip=dhcp,ip6=auto,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: ubuntu
rootfs: SSD-vmdata:subvol-105-disk-1,acl=1,size=30G
startup: order=2
swap: 512

ok, yes that is indeed a bug

Yes I tried too with the latest version of proxmox, didn't work.

I will follow the bug report, thanks.

@dcsapak I was setting up replication via the UI and it complained "unable to replicate mountpoint type 'bind' (500)"...despite the mp having replicate=0 set.

I just retried and now it's not complaining, so not sure what to tell you, sorry! pve-manager/7.4-16 (soon to be 8..).

Cheers.

@dcsapak I was setting up replication via the UI and it complained "unable to replicate mountpoint type 'bind' (500)"...despite the mp having replicate=0 set.

I just retried and now it's not complaining, so not sure what to tell you, sorry! pve-manager/7.4-16 (soon to be 8..).

Cheers.
no problem, glad to see it's still fixed :)

This would be nice, but that didn't work. Or do i something wrong?
Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 8
cpuunits: 999
description: Ubuntu Entwicklungsserver zum Kompilieren%0Aund Paketbau%0A
hostname: ubuntudev.tux.local
memory: 2048
mp0: /v-machines/home,mp=/home,replicate=0
mp1: /v-machines/Downloads,mp=/mnt/Downloads,replicate=0
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,hwaddr=32:34:64:37:32:36,ip=dhcp,ip6=auto,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: ubuntu
rootfs: SSD-vmdata:subvol-105-disk-1,acl=1,size=30G
startup: order=2
swap: 512
Which file I need to update for this ?

1698103362787.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!