unable to open file '/etc/pve/nodes/ulysse-pve1/qemu-server/100.conf.tmp.167849'

camexin

Jun 10, 2022
Hi,

I want to migrate an Hyper-v VM to Proxmox 8.1
I have configured the disks in ZFS.
- 1 volume to boot and Proxmox (500 Go - ZFS)
- 1 volume for the VMs (7 To - ZFS)

The VHD file has a size of 620 Go.

To migrate, I use the following command :
qm importdisk 100 /root/vhd-file.vhd vm-zfs

The command is executed correctely but at the end, I have the following error :
unable to open file '/etc/pve/nodes/pve1/qemu-server/100.conf.tmp.167849' - Input/output error
This error is caused by an temporary file saved in the directory /etc/pve.

Question : is it possible to change the location of the temp files ?

If necessary, I can reinstall my server.

Thank you
Regards
Francois

Last edited:
unable to open file '/etc/pve/nodes/pve1/qemu-server/100.conf.tmp.167849' - Input/output error
This error is caused by an temporary file saved in the directory /etc/pve.

Question : is it possible to change the location of the temp files ?
No, you cant change that location. However, the *.conf file is just 10-20 line of text. If you are getting I/O errors you should investigate those. Check the "dmesg" output, as well as "journalctl -n 500".
The I/O error is usually initiated by Kernel up the application stack, so in most cases there is truly a disk/location issue.
Was/is this node part of a cluster? If so, you should check the state of the cluster, as /etc/pve can be a PMXCFS, and it could be in R/O state due to service degradation.

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in replying.
I solved this problem by connecting via SSH.

The error only occurred when opening a shell session on the UI.
I don't know why.

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!