unable to import rpool

chalan

Mar 16, 2015
is there ANYBODY who can help me with this? really don't have a clue how to start... i NEED to rescue the data... i don't understand how can this happend on a normal file system...

its starts with disc failure... no problem with data, only fuses on both HDDs has gone (mirror pool)...

one HDD was going to RMA, came back ONE NEW drive.. on the other drive we have replaced the fuse and datas was there UNDAMAGED... after system start (degraded rpool) everything was OK so i have added the NEW HDD from RMA to the pool , but it ended with error... more about this in this thread...

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/d...sk-failure-and-replacement.49586/#post-233665

after system reboot GRUB was unable to boot... so i booted from pve install CD with debug mode... but

zpool import -a

cannot import 'rpool' : no such pool or dateset
Destroy and re-create the pool from
a backup source.

is this serious? how could i damage the rpool????

what can i do NOW? i NEED to rescue the DATA (must be there on the disc), please help, i can pay for help if its necesary...

i have joined new hdd, so now i have both disks and after boot i got this in grub...

proxmox_grub_1.png

should i try to change only the prefix and trying insmod normal?

but i got only 2hdds in sata3 why is there hd2 and hd3?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!