Unable to connect to VNC console

whinpo

Renowned Member
Jan 11, 2010
Hi,

Since this morning, I can't connect to any VNC console session...

Code:
May 26 09:13:05 neptune2 pvedaemon[29872]: CMD: /bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 30 -c /usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 119 RPZ+GEpDPDYnB4rhCtATdZQ+lrs 2>/dev/null
May 26 09:13:35 neptune2 pvedaemon[29872]: VM 119 vnc proxy failed - 256

I can connect if I run the command line and if i use an external vncclient
Code:
 # /bin/nc -l -p 5900 -w 30 -c /usr/sbin/qm vncproxy 119 password

but impossible from any web interface from every desktop that used to connect without any problem..

That's very disturbing, as far as I'm working on things that necessitate to stop network cards on VM...

Any clue?

Thanks

No real idea - try to restart the daemon

# /etc/init.d/pvedaemon restart

Does that help?

didn't work :(

Code:
neptune2:~# pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.5-9 (pve-manager/1.5/4728)
running kernel: 2.6.32-2-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 1.5-7
pve-kernel-2.6.32-2-pve: 2.6.32-7
pve-kernel-2.6.24-10-pve: 2.6.24-21
qemu-server: 1.1-14
pve-firmware: 1.0-4
libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-13
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.23-1pve11
vzdump: 1.2-5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.12.3-1
ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-3

donno...
I've restarted Apache...
Same problem

When i click on "Open VNC Console" I can see the port is open via lsof, I can even connect via en external VNC...
But with a browser (I've tried IE, FF, Chrome from different machines...), the window just opens...
I don't see java start..

oh my God....
but this did never work....

external VNC???????
this is not true....
not in the normal release....

this happens only if you launch it manually

hehe of course :)

after the Apache restart, I'm now able to connect from 1 computer...
I'm gonna clear the caches and so on, it should work on the other ones now ;)

thanks for your help :)

oh my God....
but this did never work....

external VNC???????
this is not true....
not in the normal release....

this happens only if you launch it manually

you can watch the /var/log/syslog the command line ran by the GUI and then connect to the correct port, using the correct password
and it works ;)

Try updating your Java. I am using Mozilla Firefox and I received this exact error. I updated my Java, and you have to enable Java in Mozilla before it actually works. I went to Firefox - Options - General - Manage Add-Ons - Plugins and Clicked the Enable button next to Java. You may have to restart Mozilla Firefox for this to work. Hope this helps and Good Luck!!!

Since yesterday, I cannot connect to VNC console with Untitled.pngServer Error. I have an updated Java in my laptop.

please help we are still Unable to connect to VNC console with Server Error. We have checked the hard drives but they have no bad sectors.

request someone to help us now. we are still unable to open the VNC console in proxmox. thanks.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!