Unable to connect to proxmox server webui

ceyephersecurity

Mar 23, 2024
I am hosting proxmox backup server in my proxmox environment. I have the backup server on a seperate vlan being routed via pfsense. I have the proxmox backup server able to ping google.com, but I am unable to access the backupserver via Web UI. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I am not able to ping any vms from the windows server host.

are you trying to access it from the same VLAN? If not, you will likely need to open firewall rules to allow you to access the other VLAN

I have created allow all rules in the firewall for the vlan subnet. I am accessing it from the WAN subnet. How do I access it from 10.0.1.* if its on subnet 10.0.2.*?

Last edited:
I don't think trying to access it from the WAN will work unless you have specifically changed the WAS firewall rules. By default, pfSense doesn't let anything enter through the WAN.

You will need to create firewall rules on the 10.0.1.* network.

Okay that makes sense. How would I go about this? The backup server is on subnet 10.0.2.*. I need to access it from 10.0.1.*. I have an OP1 interface for subnet 10.0.2.* vlan. I allowed all on both subnets via rules.

I am able to ping google.com from the proxmox backup server on the vlan as well.

Last edited:
I don't think trying to access it from the WAN will work unless you have specifically changed the WAS firewall rules. By default, pfSense doesn't let anything enter through the WAN.

You will need to create firewall rules on the 10.0.1.* network.
Im unable to access it via LAN aswell.

1711213823119.png
1711213854660.png1711213884387.png

Im not really sure what else I can do here. Ive got 8007 forwarded, Ive routed and added rules for all of the interfaces involved. Im stumped.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!