Unable to bridge network interface to OpenVZ container

deranjer

Dec 28, 2010
I have 3 NIC cards

1 is currently not being used.

1 is in the 10.10.10.x IP range and I want to use that just for connecting to the proxmox host. It is not bridged/bonded and is simply (eth0)

1 is connected to my 192.168.1.x router and I want to use that connection for my OpenVZ container.
My 192.168.1.x interface (eth1) is part of (vmbr1) as a slaved interface. My openVZ container is connected to (vmbr1). However, I am able to connect to my host machine through EITHER IP: 10.10.10.x OR 192.168.1.x.
How do I make it so that (eth1:192.168.1.x) is connected to my OpenVZ container and is not used by my host?

Code:
# network interface settings
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet manual

iface eth1 inet manual

iface eth2 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address  10.10.10.126
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        gateway  10.10.10.1
        bridge_ports eth0
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
        address  192.168.1.100
        netmask  255.255.255.0
        bridge_ports eth1
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

Yes thank you Udo actually helped me figure that out in a different thread. I was unable to console into my machine (different issue obviously) so thought that I may have to set the IP address at the bridge in this case. However once my VM was fixed I was able to set the IP in my VM and then everything worked. Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!