Unable to add USB device

Hi,

Just tried that; no joy. The config file is updated but no change visible with "info usb" after stop/start of the VM.

Humm..

Tim

i also can't get a USB paging transmitter working inside a windows VM.

maybe it's again related to serial bus issues, because it is identified as COM5.

i posted in another thread that serial device passthrough also does not work 100%.

the vendor of the device does not want to support virtual environments, so again i'm in trouble...

how can i test the serial/USB problems to give more debug information?

Hi, Just a brief update to close my part in the thread:

The USB license dongle I was trying to use with USB passthrough to a WinXP Pro KVM host failed to work with ProxVE 1.3 and 1.4b

However, with the full release of ProxVE 1.4 (not beta) -- the passthrough works fine and the dongle is detected just fine in the WinXP VM.

So - maybe this is due to the newer version on KVM; or possibly some other thing which has changed from v1.4b to v.1.4 full -- but anyhow - it works now so I'm happy.

---Tim

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!