Ubuntu 24.04 - unsupported Ubuntu version '24.04'

Doesn't seem to matter if the container is privileged or not.
I tried both ways and still get:

extracting archive '/mnt/pve/Hermes_NFS/template/cache/ubuntu-24.04-standard_24.04-2_amd64.tar.zst'
Total bytes read: 564490240 (539MiB, 212MiB/s)
TASK ERROR: unable to create CT 102 - unsupported Ubuntu version '24.04'

I'm still not able to log in to the shell after creating the container as well. I've attached the log details in here as well.

Attachments

• errors.txt
    73 KB · Views: 2
Hi,
Doesn't seem to matter if the container is privileged or not.
I tried both ways and still get:

extracting archive '/mnt/pve/Hermes_NFS/template/cache/ubuntu-24.04-standard_24.04-2_amd64.tar.zst'
Total bytes read: 564490240 (539MiB, 212MiB/s)
TASK ERROR: unable to create CT 102 - unsupported Ubuntu version '24.04'
then you are not using a recent enough version of the pve-container package, i.e. >= 5.1.10. You'll need to upgrade that first.

Any potential fixes in testing?
Unfortunately, it seems like there is nothing that can be done. The new systemd that comes with Ubuntu 24.04 wants to do namespacing, so nesting is required. I suggest you migrate your untrusted containers to be unprivileged instead.

Hi,
I'm still not able to log in to the shell after creating the container as well. I've attached the log details in here as well.
if the container is privileged, see the previous messages in this thread.

If the container is unprivileged, please share the output of
Code:
pct config 210
pct start 210 --debug
pveversion -v

Hi,

if the container is privileged, see the previous messages in this thread.

If the container is unprivileged, please share the output of
Code:
pct config 210
pct start 210 --debug
pveversion -v
OK got it.

I created a privileged container and after creating it enabled nesting and that enabled it to start up. Initially in the creation screen, checking or unchecking the nesting feature has no effect at first start up. So I had to manually enable nesting then it would load up correctly.

The unprivileged container started up no problems.

So it sounds like we will be stuck with having nesting enabled on unprivileged Ubuntu 24.04. Hopefully there is a way to get it without nesting since this is an LTS release, I was hoping to keep it around for a while.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!