Two Node Cluster + Shorewall

krnac.a@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2013
Hi,

I have two nodes cluster and it works great...
Shorewall is installed on both nodes and virtual machine 100 is managed by HA.
I want VM100 to be accessed from the internet only on port 8080. (e.g 1.2.3.4:8080)

I cant figure out, how to configure vmbr and shorewall zones/interface/rules...

Thanks a lot...

Hi,

it's not a direct answer to your question, but proxmox provides it's own firewall. Especially with your HA setup, it could be very useful to be able to manage the firewall for your whole cluster in one place.

First you have to enable the firewall at datacenter level under Datacenter > Firewall > Options and then for the vm itself, <node> > Firewall > Options. After that you can create rules by going to <node> > Firewall

For more help you can consult the manual https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.pdf#chapter.13

Hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!