two networks and relaying

thomaslinz

May 16, 2006
i have two network, in one (network A) is the proxmox and my mailserver and from the other network (network B) some user have to send emails via my emailserver into the internet. i tried to put the network B in the networklist of the proxmox, but he still not accept the emails with the relaying error. what can i do to enable in the proxmox the relay for my network B? thanks for help! thomas

thomaslinz said:
i have two network, in one (network A) is the proxmox and my mailserver and from the other network (network B) some user have to send emails via my emailserver into the internet. i tried to put the network B in the networklist of the proxmox, but he still not accept the emails with the relaying error. what can i do to enable in the proxmox the relay for my network B? thanks for help! thomas

hi thomas,

you had to add your network B to this list:
Configuration/Mail Proxy/Internal (trusted) IP Networks

review the license. do you have one for the domain in question?

check if all services are running.
what version of Proxmox do you have? (see home page, please send me the exact build number)

see also: http://www.proxmox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143

regards,
martin

hi martin,

thank you so much for your fast reply and here are the informations: right now i have the free-licence, version number: proxmox-mailgateway/1.4/1167
i added the network to the trusted network in the settings, but its still not working.
well, do i have to write all possible domains where network B wants to send emails to in the domainlist? that´s impossible i guess. thanks for help! thomas

thomaslinz said:
hi martin,

thank you so much for your fast reply and here are the informations: right now i have the free-licence, version number: proxmox-mailgateway/1.4/1167
i added the network to the trusted network in the settings, but its still not working.
well, do i have to write all possible domains where network B wants to send emails to in the domainlist? that´s impossible i guess. thanks for help! thomas

hi thomas,

you checked http://www.proxmox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143?

you have to configure your smtp servers to send to the right port to your
proxmox. if you send on the wrong port, you get a relay access denied.

regards,
martin

hi martin,

if i haven´t changed anything for outgoing emails on the firewall, why it´s impossible for my normal mailserver to send emails? beside it´s still working, when i am insight the network A and if i am sending a email from network B to my domain, witch is registered in the licence key then it works. only the relay from the outside to all other email servers then my one doesn´t work. i think normaly it´s a problem of the relay configuration in the postfix from the proxmox, that he only allow to relay from network A. but as i wrote, i added the network B to the trusted networks.

thanks for help!

regards

thomas

hi,

in order to get a better overview, can you send me a

1. small network diagramm of your network configuration (with ip addresse and ports)

2. backup from your proxmox configuration (on the console, type
> proxbackup backup
and send the file "backup"

send both to my private email: martin@proxmox.com.

kind regards,
martin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!