Two 3 node clusters (6 nodes)

Mr_Diba

Oct 10, 2022
I'm in the process of designing a new HA cluster across two locations. The two locations are connected together with multiple dark fibers and I would like to create an robust HA system that can migrate vm's between the locations.

For storage I'm planning on using Ceph as I have experience with it and within Ceph you can define failure domains so when one of the locations fails the whole system can run on the other location.

As I want to have 3 nodes (to have an quorum) on each location with an total of 6 nodes, which is an even number, what is bad. I was wondering if there is something like a failure domain in Proxmox HA/Pacemaker?

Or how do other people have an similar kind of setup? As I said, this is currently all theory and no hardware has been purchased at this moment so I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!