Tried to remove Proxmox with GParted

vito

May 20, 2023
Friedrichshafen
I had Problems first time installing Proxmox one my Personal PC.
I also wiped my windows installation meanwhile.

I had weird Problems with Proxmox, everything worked more or less fine the first time i started it. i Installed linux mint as VM and tried to install linux mint so that its not live. Then i had the Problem: Linux Mint always ran as a Live version (after Linux install it just booted to Live).
Then i tried to re install linux mint by deleting and creating new VM. since then it allways had problems that it didnt start after that.

i decided to remove proxmox from linux mint (installed on nvme0n1) but it wouldnt let me.

what i wanted was just to have proxmox on my main pc with windows 11 & linux mint.

Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-05-20 17-20-17.png

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-05-20 17-32-01.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2023-05-20 17-32-01.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 6
Hello,

it seems /dev/sda3 is used by the system. Maybe it is mounted? (if so umount the device which is used)

To see which process is using it, run the following command:
Bash:
lsof /dev/sda3

You could just boot the proxmox iso and install it on the /dev/sda drive and the old installation will be wiped.
Or boot an live iso and wipe everything from /dev/sda with dd.

Then i had the Problem: Linux Mint always ran as a Live version (after Linux install it just booted to Live).
Did you check the boot order of this vm? It probably booted the live iso.

Sorry I totally forgot about this Forum Thread.
1) I fixed it by reinstalling Proxmox on the same drive.
2) The Problem with Linux mint was that there was still the image iso loaded as cd drive.

Since i reinstalled proxmox it worked flawlessly. Im not really sure what caused this but i think i corrupted the VM by not shutting down propperly.

Reactions: MarkusF

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!