Time not sync

slammie

Aug 11, 2023
Hi,

I am installing proxmox on 3 node fresh. Somehow 1 node kept having different time from others two. I check the time zone and they all have the same time zone. I restarted the one have diff time in setup and check the time and confirmed it has the correct time. After restart a few time in setup to check time, I continue to confirm the time is correct but the node kept having diff time. I issued a command timedatectl and it show the one has diff time has the 'System clock synchronized: no' while the others two has 'System clock synchronized: yes'. Could someone please let me know how to change that or some way to fix the time?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 7.33.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 7.33.58 PM.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 7.33.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-08-10 at 7.33.46 PM.png
    46.6 KB · Views: 10
I don't see any log related to NTP and time...... That was a new install of proxmox and I even reinstalled and still see the same issue.

It was a fresh install and I want to validate time before I create a cluster.... somehow time not match or sync correctly.

Last edited:
I fixed the issue now by go into the bios to change the time to match with UTC. Reboot the system and the time is correct now.

I fixed the issue now by go into the bios to change the time to match with UTC. Reboot the system and the time is correct now.
Hi,
nevertheless I recommend to check if the NTP service is up and running as intended. Proxmox VE uses chrony by default, please check its status via systemctl status chrony.service

Thanks for the reply. I checked and it showed chrony.service is enable and active. Hope time will not be an issue anymore.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!