The web interface stopped working

DragN

Oct 31, 2022
The web interface stopped working, all the services work in the logs, there is no error, the datastore was temporarily disabled for a while, but I think this can not be a problem, help me understand what's going on

1680168196429.png

1680168136085.png

Last edited:
Hi,

the API proxy seems to fail to parse some configuration file, but unfortunately the messages are cut off.
Can you post the (full) output of journalctl -b -u proxmox-backup-proxy? You can pipe it into a file too (using journalctl -b -u proxmox-backup-proxy >proxmox-backup-proxy.log) and simply attach the file here.

Did you change anything in some configuration file before this started happening?

Hi,

the API proxy seems to fail to parse some configuration file, but unfortunately the messages are cut off.
Can you post the (full) output of journalctl -b -u proxmox-backup-proxy? You can pipe it into a file too (using journalctl -b -u proxmox-backup-proxy >proxmox-backup-proxy.log) and simply attach the file here.

Did you change anything in some configuration file before this started happening?
Swears that he cannot connect to the datastore, this is an error that cannot affect the web interface
Before it stopped working, I didn’t change anything after it stopped working, I started looking from a VM that is on the same network as the backup server via get, like a vep muzzle works, but when I fail by ip, I get an error
1680173519233.png

Last edited:
Please provide the output of cat /etc/proxmox-backup/datastore.cfg.

The server fails to parse this configuration file, thus the web interface is also not available.

As suspected, the datastore configuration is indeed invalid. All datastores must have a name, placed after datastore: <name>.

Thus simply edit /etc/proxmox-backup/dadastore.cfg and change the contents to:
Code:
datastore: backups
    comment
    gc-schedule monthly
    path /var/backups

As suspected, the datastore configuration is indeed invalid. All datastores must have a name, placed after datastore: <name>.

Code:
    comment
    gc-schedule monthly
    path /var/backups
Unfortunately it didn't help. web interface is still not available, the error that scolded the datastore is gone, but the problem remains

1680174365441.png

1680174990796.png

Last edited:
So ping/ssh works, but only the web interface does not?
Are there any other possibly related error messages in the syslog (journalctl -b)?

Did you try to connect to https://172.16.133.126:8007 exactly? Also, might there be any firewalls/etc. between you and the Proxmox Backup Server host?

Code:
    comment
    gc-schedule monthly
    path /var/backups
I suppose the datastore was initially called PVE_NFS and not backups...

I suppose the datastore was initially called PVE_NFS and not backups...
Yeah, good point.

@DragN: Please change the name of the datastore back to PVE_NFS, as Chris suggested. Also, please try to not edit older posts of yours with more information after someone already answered - that person might not see that afterwards (as in this case ..)

Good afternoon, friends, the problem was solved, I had a problem with the route, and when I rebooted, they were not registered and I forgot to check, now everything works

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!