[SOLVED] The problem when using resources in parallel

Vasilisc

Jun 29, 2017
vasilisc.com
The hardware server for Proxmox Backup Server is very powerful. Due to budget constraints, I was forced to use part of the server's capacity for another task - MySQL for Zabbix.

I had to allocate space for huge Zabbix MySQL tables in the same SafePlace pool that Proxmox Backup Server uses to store backups.

Bash:
# zfs create SafePlace/zabbix

Bash:
# zpool list
NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE CKPOINT EXPANDSZ FRAG CAP DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT
SafePlace 106T 12.0T 93.5T - - 2% 11% 1.00x ONLINE -

Bash:
# zfs list
NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
SafePlace 10.7T 83.0T 10.6T /mnt/datastore/SafePlace
SafePlace/zabbix 26.1G 83.0T 26.1G /mnt/datastore/SafePlace/zabbix

I got the problem.

Garbage collection failed: cannot continue garbage-collection safely, permission denied on: "/mnt/datastore/SafePlace/zabbix/mysql"

Help me please. What's the best way to solve the problem?

Maybe you need to create a dataset for your PBS datastore too? Like SafePlace/pbs and use this instead of just the root of the pool so SafePlace/zabbix isn't mounted inside your datastore?

I decided to use the ZFS functionality of changing the mount point

Bash:
zfs set mountpoint=/mnt/zabbix SafePlace/zabbix

Bash:
# zfs get mountpoint SafePlace/zabbix
NAME PROPERTY VALUE SOURCE
SafePlace/zabbix mountpoint /mnt/zabbix local

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!