Test HA with central storage

bond347

Oct 21, 2022
Hello forum members,

I plan to test HA feature in my 3 hosts cluster environment. Read up to achieve HA, i need a central storage as VMs / containers repository.
For a test, i wanted to use my small Qnap storage and share the LUNs via iSCSI.

Hope some experts here can guide me and/or share some articles to complete my testing.

depends how you want to build your cluster. on the end you have 2 possibilities.
1. ceph (replication of VMs to another nodes)
2. own storage (i guess you meant this with central storage) your spof is the storage and the network is the bus system

i got myself a ceph cluster. it just works with the local storage. configure it proper and the cluster is ready to go.
just unplug your server and in 2 mins a recent copy of the VMs of the failed Nodes will start.
works like a charm

Reactions: bond347
Hi Pille99,

Thanks for the pointer on Ceph.

I wanted option #2, whereby having my independent storage box as a central storage.

Hope yourself or other members could share/guide me to setup HA with central storage.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!