Swedish translation for Proxmox

Jon Lachmann

Apr 27, 2011
I translated proxmox to Swedish using poedit. It would be nice if you added it to the official proxmox. Let me know if you need anything else or have any questions.

Best regards!

Attachments

• sv.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 10
Does it really make sense to translate terms like 'Bond', 'Bridge', 'Backup'. I just ask because in German we simply use the english term.

It can make sense, but I'm not too sure it is necessary. Do you have any guidelines for translations, or is it up to the translator?

I used the words that are used in Swedish versions of Windows. Backup is easily understood, even when you only speak Swedish, whereas bridge and bond may not be too clear to someone who doesn't speak English. I myself have no problems using the software in English, but i think the purpose of a Swedish translations should be to allow those unfamiliar with English to use the software anyway.

If you dont have any guidelines or recommendations concerning this, I think that translating these words is the best way to go.

Best regards!

On my way!

In what context are the words "Avail" "Estranged" and "Realm" used in the software?

Thank you!

In what context are the words "Avail" "Estranged" and "Realm" used in the software?

'Avail' is used on the storage summary/status page (How much storage is available)
'Estranged' is used by Datacenter/Overview in Node status (Set when a node is fenced but still online)
'Realm' is used for Authentication Realms (Datacenter/Authentication)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!