Swap SATA SSD with NVMe and fix LVM of 3 disks

s3tupw1zard

Apr 6, 2023
Hello,

I purchased a new Samsung 980 NVMe SSD and would like to replace my older SSD in my Proxmox server with this.

Cloning the old drive to a new one shouldn't be a problem for me and I know how I would have to do it with dd.

I should be able to find out exactly how I can increase Proxmox's LVM volume using Google.

I combined three 2TB hard drives into one LVM volume and the hard drives are now just about /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd. But if I now remove the old SATA SSD, /dev/sda is free again and the hard drives should move forward. So the hard drives would then be on /dev/sda, /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc.

Is this a problem now or is the change detected automatically?

What exactly would I have to do to correct this?

Thanks

That should Not be a Problem, LVM will detect the dives Just fine

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!