Support for Spamhaus DQS

Hi,

PMG follows SpamAssassin upstream for the greatest part - so should the SH plugin get included in upstream it would be provided with PMG with the next SA release.

For now you can easily integrate a third-party plugin by enabling and handling the SpamAssassin configuration via PMGs templateing system:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_template_engine

As far as I can see you need to register for the service - so this part will (most likely) remain out of PMG - and you'd need to .

What kind of integration would you have in mind? (enabling the plugin does not work if you don't have a key for the service)

I'm using this SpamAssassin plugin in my mail servers and it's a life saver: it's stable, fast, and the amount of incoming spam lowered significantly with zero effort!
Do you have any concrete numbers regarding the effectiveness or any pattern of spam, which DQS helps catch?

(This would help us to get a more complete picture regarding the effectivness in the future)

I hope this helps

As far as I can see you need to register for the service - so this part will (most likely) remain out of PMG - and you'd need to .

What kind of integration would you have in mind? (enabling the plugin does not work if you don't have a key for the service)

I was thinking of a way to enable the plugin and set the key directly from the web UI.
I know, I'm lazy :)
Installing it from the command line it's not a bit deal (I've just done it in my test proxmox machine), but being able to manage most of the system from a unified UI is one the strengths of PMG

Do you have any concrete numbers regarding the effectiveness or any pattern of spam, which DQS helps catch?

In my (limited) experience I played a bit with SA bayesian filters during the years, but I was not able to achieve fully satisfactory results (and they seemed quite slow to catch new "waves" of spamming).
I'm sure it's was fault, but with this plugin I immediately saw a decrease of about 80% of the total spam in my customers' inbox.

Thanks for your reply,
Emanuele

Hello,

based on the VirusBulletin survey we participate in, DQS will increase spam detection by 40-50% compared to using the public mirrors with no plugin.

You'll get another bonus boost if you use the HBL component

have you configured any DNSBL for the Mail Proxy?
(GUI->Configuration->Mail Proxy->Options)

Oh yeah... and adding spamassassin-dqs to the pmg repo would be a nice start

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!