Successful Intel IGD GPU Passthru(primary) + QEMU/KVM + Android-x86 Virtualization

Raghavan Santhanam

Jan 28, 2016
Hi All,

I would like to share my successful attempt of Intel IGD passthru(primary)
with QEMU/KVM. Ones interested can head over to my demo :

Cheers,
Raghavan

UPDATE:

Here are my other relevant "success" stories with the same Intel IGD passthru with QEMU/KVM :

Successful Intel IGD GPU Passthru(primary) + QEMU/KVM + Windows 10 LTSB 64-bit Virtualization - YouTube

Successful Intel IGD GPU Passthru(primary) + QEMU/KVM + Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit Virtualization - YouTube

Cheers,

Raghavan

UPDATE :

With my earlier success in Intel-IGD-passthru with QEMU/KVM running Android-x86,
here's a related update that showcases a variety of Advance HD Android games/apps
running smoothly. The best part is that the impact and usefulness of my earlier
research work on "Android Sensor Emulation" now can be seen in such a
hardware-accelerated environment.

Watch it in action : <

**== Android Sensor Emulation, fully UNLEASHED! ==**

- Fueled by GoogleNexus5
- Powered by Intel IGD
- Run on QEMU/KVM

**== Android Sensor Emulation, fully UNLEASHED!! ==**

- Turn your Android Smartphone into a JOYSTICK!
- Play. Every. Single. Motion-sensor game. On. Any. Sensor-less Android device.
- Run. Every. Single. sensor-based application. On. Any. Sensor-less Android device.
- Let your games and other applications be "unique selves". No need to alter your "favorite" game or "useful" other sensor-based application to make use of my Android Sensor Emulation support.

**== DETAILS ==**

My current work as shown by this demo emulates the below 27 sensors(all the sensors of Google Nexus 5). Watch the video for more and precise details.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Accelerometer
2. Light
3. Proximity
4. Magnetometer
5. Gyroscope
6. Gravity
7. Linear Acceleration
8. Orientation
9. Rotation Vector

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Game Rotation Vector
11. Barometer
12. Step Detector
13. Step Counter
14. Significant Motion Detector
15. Tilt Detector
16. Absolute Motion Detector(AMD)
17. Relative Motion Detector(RMD)
18. Basic Gestures

19. Tap Detector
20. Facing Detector
21. (QTI) Tilt Detector
22. Pedometer
23. Pedestrian Activity Monitor
24. Geomagnetic Rotation Vector
25. (InvenSense) Game Rotation Vector
26. Magnetometer (Uncalibrated)
27. Gyroscope (Uncalibrated)

Cheers,
Raghavan

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!