Subscription added, but pve is somewhat unaware

Feb 2, 2021
Hi there,

I just added a subscription key to one of my servers. The license shows as "active" here:

1714399685601.png

On login I still get the nag screen:

1714400434004.png

Apt update works without a problem, but under "Repositories" I still get a warning:

1714400526588.png

When I create a system report under license, I too get this error:
1714400678296.png

After closing the screen, the report is generated properly.

Server reboot did not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bastian

Attachments

• 1714400460697.png
    1714400460697.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Did you run/set up any scripts to remove the "no subscription" warning after the login? If so, undo those changes and then it should probably work after you reinstall pve-manager: apt install --reinstall pve-manager
Keep in mind, that some of them will run after each update, rendering the reinstall moot as they will be triggered as well in that situation.

Yes, I did run the tteck proxmox scripts a long time ago.
I just removed the apt hook for this script, and did the reinstall like you told, seems the problem has gone. THANK YOU!

Is there a way to check if the enterprise repo is really working, although "apt update" is not complaining?

EDIT: ok, maybe that question was really stupid... with disabled community repo pve-manager had to come from enterprise... please ignore.

EDIT2: maybe not as stupid?

1714401407335.png

Just a test, but was first installed via community repo?!

Last edited:
Did you run apt update after the repo change or use the "Refresh" button in the GUI?

If apt update runs through without issues, and you see it contacting entperise.proxmox.com, then things should work.

what version of that package is installed?
apt-cache policy libproxmox-acme-plugins

The no-sub is on 1.5.1 while the enterprise is on 1.5.0. So that might be the cause and you will either need to downgrade or wait until the subscription repo as caught up.
apt install --reinstall libproxmox-acme-plugins=1.5.0 though I am not sure if that might break something.

Code:
root@pxh1:~# apt-cache policy libproxmox-acme-plugins
libproxmox-acme-plugins:
  Installed: 1.5.1
  Candidate: 1.5.1
  Version table:
 *** 1.5.1 100
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     1.5.0 500
        500 https://enterprise.proxmox.com/debian/pve bookworm/pve-enterprise amd64 Packages
     1.4.6 500
        500 https://enterprise.proxmox.com/debian/pve bookworm/pve-enterprise amd64 Packages
     1.4.5 500

Maybe things just somehow overlap at the moment... proxmox was really up to date with community repo.

yep. so the current version (1.5.1) or newer is not yet available in the subscription repo. that is to be expected when you switch to the enterprise repo which usually is a bit behind.

The most rock-solid way I've found to do this is to enable the subscription, reboot, and then apt update or Refresh in the GUI.

This would not have helped in my case, as I had previously installed the Proxmox Helper Scripts, which removed the NagScreen.
Only after uninstalling these + removing the Apt hooks + reinstalling "pve-manager" everything was OK again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!