Strategy for high availability of proxmox server?

tabbi

Jul 30, 2011
Hi,
my current production server running Proxmox 1.9 seems to have an hard drive error. So I will have to reinstall the whole server which costs some hours of time and especially some hours of downtime of all the services.

Now I´m interested in a strategy to avoid this problem in the future. Would it help to have two proxmox servers running which share the containers? My server is a dedicated root server running at a providers site. So there are some things I cannot influence.

What will I have to do to have all the services running even if one server has a hardware failure? This scenario could also help to have seamless upgrades of the hosts operating system.

Thanks in advance
tabbi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!