Storage path individual for each node possible?

carsten2

Mar 25, 2017
I have a cluster where I want to split the system and data disk into separate pve-storages, lets say pve storage names storesys and storedata. Due to different physical ZFS storage configurations in the nodes I cannot have the same storage path on all nodes. Is it possible to have the storages to point to different ZFS file systems on different nodes, e.g.

node1: pvesys=data1/pvesys, pvestore=data1/pvedata
node2: pvesys=datassd, pvedata=datahdd

I tried to create the same storage name twice and assign node1 to the first and node2 to the 2nd but PVE does not allow this? Why?

As the pve storage name provides a logical name which is mapped to a physical name and physical names are local, it should should be possible to configure the physical name differently on each node.

If this is not possible (maybe future enhancement), is it possible to solve the problem with intelligent ZFS pool/filesystem naming?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!