Storage/Disk creation appears empty

esilva

Oct 25, 2023
Hello guys, i have a problem. I need to connect my PBS to a PVE. To do this I need to create a Pool Storage/Disk. However, when trying to create it, it doesn't give me the option to select the disk. Both in directory mode and ZFS mode.

* PBS was installed as ZFS(RAID10) on installation setup
* Hardware: 4 disks (1tb each one) non-raid

Attachments

• disks.jpg
    disks.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I need to connect my PBS to a PVE.
I don't really get your question.

Do you mean...?
1.) PVE + PBS are installed bare metal on the same server and both should share the same disks?
2.) two dedicated PVE and PBS servers and you want to add your PBS backuo storage to your PVE?
3.) virtualized PBS on top of PVE?
4.) two dedicated servers and you want to somehow share folders via SMB/NFS from the PBS server to your PVE so you could store stuff like ISO/VZDump/vDisks there?

Reactions: esilva
I don't really get your question.

Do you mean...?
1.) PVE + PBS are installed bare metal on the same server and both should share the same disks?
2.) two dedicated PVE and PBS servers and you want to add your PBS backuo storage to your PVE?
3.) virtualized PBS on top of PVE?
4.) two dedicated servers and you want to somehow share folders via SMB/NFS from the PBS server to your PVE so you could store stuff like ISO/VZDump/vDisks there?
Option 2 - But, the servers are in differents places ( I want to connect them with an external IP like mycompony.ddns.net). I watched some tutorial videos,
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a beginner. The tutorials say that I need to create a user in PBS, a Storage, and then give the created user permission to access this Storage. So, I copy the PBS fingerprint. Then, I go to PVE and enter this information so that PVE can send the Backup to my PBS (remotely via external IP). But I can't create this Storage

Last edited:
You have to add a PBS storage via your PVEs webGUI at "Datacenter -> Storage -> Add -> Proxmox Backup Server".

Reactions: esilva

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!