Startup Sequence Overview?

UdoB

Famous Member
Nov 1, 2016
Germany
Hello,

some of my VMs shall start when a host starts up. For this there is per VM --> "Options" --> "Start/Shutdown Order". Works fine :)

To rearrange that sequence I would like to get an overview regarding this timing and order. Is there a way to show that information in a table, cluster-wide and/or per host? Commands like pvesh get /cluster/resources --type vm seem to lack this information. Also I can not find any information seeking for "startup" in the API-Viewer https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/api-viewer/index.html

Do I need to parse the config manually, like:
Code:
~# grep startup /etc/pve/nodes/pvee/qemu-server/1103.conf | head -n1
startup: order=70,up=38,down=120

...or is there a more elegant solution I just don't see?

Best regards on this sunny sunday :)

Reactions: janssensm
hi,

you can recursively grep in /etc/pve/qemu-server for "startup":
Code:
grep -R startup /etc/pve/qemu-server

can also do it for containers if you grep instead in /etc/pve/lxc/.

since /etc/pve is cluster filesystem you should be able to see all guests like that

Reactions: janssensm
Also I can not find any information seeking for "startup" in the API-Viewer https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/api-viewer/index.html
It's here:
VM: nodes/{node}/qemu/{vmid}/config
LXC: /nodes/{node}/lxc/{vmid}/config
But just for 1 guest.

It would indeed be nice to see it returned in the array in path cluster/resources as this already gives a very nice overview in a table format. And if the array would then become too large, (the current table doesn´t fit my 1920x1200 screen, but does with my 2nd epanded ;)) perhaps an extra full parameter could be used similar too /nodes/{node}/qemu. Just some thoughts, not an api expert here.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!