SPICE Remote Viewer Authentication?

gacott

Renowned Member
Dec 26, 2009
Hey there, running the latest release as of 5/27. I am installing a number of VMs all using the same template. I keep getting a request for authentication for a number of VMs (but not all) from the SPICE remote viewer (attached). Can anybody tell me what that password is? Or even where to set it?

Attachments

• Selection_999(110).jpg
    Selection_999(110).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 29
Strange, this should work without password. Have you tested it on different browser? Works here fine on Kubuntu 16.04 with Chromium and Firefox.

Yeah, some of them work some don't. I am using Mint Linux and Chrome as the browser. I'll try Firefox and see if it's the same behavior.

do you have the right system time on your Proxmox VE host?

We are getting the exact problem. About 30% of the time, we are required to enter a SPICE password (and no passwords we use anywhere works). The system time is right.

This is turning into a showstopper for us. Is there any way to disable the entire authentication mechanism? Or at least set a known password so we can get in?

Dear, I have the same problem, but only occurs after using a while, and only some VM. It can be?

Attachments

• Captura2.JPG
    Captura2.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 15

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!