Spice error unable connect to graphic server

cvdveer

Apr 22, 2022
Hello,

Can't connect to any of the Spice enabled windows guests.
I can see SSL warnings but I need some assistance resolving them. I suspect the expired certificate but since I didn't touch that configuration I expected it to work with regular proxmox updates.

Apr 22 18:27:37 sarah QEMU[6387]: kvm: warning: Spice: error:14094415:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate expired
Apr 22 18:27:37 sarah QEMU[6387]: kvm: warning: Spice: red-stream.c:542:red_stream_ssl_accept: SSL_accept failed, error=1

Regards,

Christiaan

Same problem for me. Regenerating the certificates did the trick, but all KVM machines must be fully stopped, and the restarted.

I'm getting

Code:
Mar 09 04:25:45 vlogic3 QEMU[2449776]: kvm: warning: Spice: error:14094415:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate expired

I'm off to research updating certs, but noticed the comment above about the restarts

Well here is what I have ended up with so far

pvecm updatecerts --force

Gives me the following
Code:
(re)generate node files
generate new node certificate
CA expires in less than 2 weeks, unable to generate certificate.

viewing ssl cert data shows vailid sine 2023-01-25 05:14:45 expires 2023-02-06 05:14:45

The CA cert shows an expiration of 2023-02-09

I'm unsure how to work around/fix the CA expires unable to generate certificate error. Maybe a reboot is in order?

Reactions: Torpedro1978

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!