sound kvm

To use sound with RDP you need to start RDP with sound support (on the client). There is no need to install a special sound driver on the Guest (Windows RDP does that automatically for you).

- Dietmar

ok, it does work with xp ;-)

does anybody know how this could get to work with 2k3?

thanks in advance.

ok, it does work with xp ;-)

does anybody know how this could get to work with 2k3?

thanks in advance.

Hi,

the same here, working with xp, not working with win 2003.

I tried to connect to a physical win2003 installation (vista sp1 to win2003 sp2) and I also got NO sound. So it looks like an issue on win2003, maybe you should ask Microsoft support how this should work.

for what it's worth, it works:

1. Go into the 'Services' section (under Admin tools, under Control Panel)
  2. Change the 'Windows Audio service' from 'Disabled' to 'Automatic' - and start it
  3. Go to the 'Terminal Services Configuration' section (under Admin tools, under Control Panel)
  4. Double click on 'RDP-TCP'
  5. Select the 'Client Settings' tab
  6. Clear the 'Audio Mapping' check box

for what it's worth, it works:

1. Go into the 'Services' section (under Admin tools, under Control Panel)
  2. Change the 'Windows Audio service' from 'Disabled' to 'Automatic' - and start it
  3. Go to the 'Terminal Services Configuration' section (under Admin tools, under Control Panel)
  4. Double click on 'RDP-TCP'
  5. Select the 'Client Settings' tab
  6. Clear the 'Audio Mapping' check box

thanks! works also for me.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!